Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Covers anyone?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ??? WHAT HAPPENED ???

    rOGER

  2. #12
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Techno-osmosis It's magical

    I played Black Sabbath backwords and saw God once.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member almarockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    Cool covers IMO:

    Devo_Satisfaction
    Doors_Gloria
    Cherie_For Your Eyes Only
    Beatles_Roll Over Beethoven
    Runaways_Rock N Roll
    Joan Jett_Celluloid Heroes
    Elton John_Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
    The Animals_River Deep Mountain High
    Jimi Hendrix_All Along The Watchtower
    Hayseed Dixie_I Love Rock N Roll
    Rolling Stones_Like A Rolling Stone

    and many many more!
    I love cool cover versions!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OHH OHH i tought All Along The Watchtower was a Hendrix original. Wow!..

    Gloria by the Doors is 100 times cooler than the original.. Specially live when Jim gets awfully naughty [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    Like a Rolling Stone is awsome with... yes the Stones, i prefer **** 's voice to Dylan's im sure many might agree with me

  4. #14
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi Alma,
    Yeah, I always surprise people with that bit of trivia. Bob Dylan wrote that song. Jimi did three Dylan songs actually, including "Drifter's Escape" and "Like A Rolling Stone." Bob later returned the tribute by performing "All Along The Watchtower" in the Hendrix mode!

    The Doors version of "Gloria" is fantastic but I love the original by THEM featuring Van Morrison a little bit more! I was thrilled when The Doors version came out. Morrison Doing Morrison works for me!

    I thought The Stones doing "Like A Rolling Stone" was one of the coolest moves they ever made! I love Mr. Jagger's voice too. I only wish his first name wasn't auto-censored on this message board.
    That ***** ! LOL!

    Some people never adjust to Dylan's singing voice but he has definitely been a major force in Rock!
    Check out 'Don't Look Back' the Pennebaker film, if you ever get the chance. Bob Dylan in his heyday. Touring England with just his guitar and harmonicas and a major attitude in 1966! I love that movie!

    Hey Ella! It sounds like WROG is still going strong. That sounds like a GRRREAT batch of covers you're spinning right there on WROG!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I still listen to KCUF... [img]wink.gif[/img] The Discordian station.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member ERIC M HANSEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Duran Duran.. thank you.. Led Zep
    stone temple pilots ..dancing days ..Led Zep
    4-non blondes ..misty mountain hop...Led Zep

    EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND A KISS TO C/C [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Eric

  7. #17
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    You just haven't heard a cover version until you hear The Beatles song "She Loves You" by Homer And Jethro!
    I found the single a few years ago at a record convention.
    The picture sleeve actually shows them wearing Beatle wigs!
    Way weird!
    [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus \\oo//

  8. #18
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gus Dangerman, That is so cool, I love the Music of Homer & Jethro, yet that gem is not in my collection. By any chance is that single on the RCA label? Chet Atkins was a big fan of the Beatles and as head of Nashville's RCA, He might have pushed that song.

  9. #19
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    RCA Victor 47-8345

    I didn't mention this is a double a-sided single with
    I Want To Hold Your Hand on the other side.
    I didn't mention it because it's...lets just say...LESS spectacular than
    She Loves You
    Yeah Yeah Yeah!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    (They long to be) Close To You by the Cranberries is a good one.
    Todd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic